Sunday, March 22, 2009

Video Flashback: The Rolling Stones

well, a before-my-time video flashback. thank god for youtube, am i right?

"Under My Thumb" on Ready, Steady, GO! 1966



It's hard to believe that the Stones were ever this cute. So cute! Mick's dancing is cute (instead of the weird and creepy writhing it became. who knew he ever looked this cute too? STAY OFF DRUGS, KIDS!). Charlie Watts' glasses (and tie and vest) are cute! Brian Jones' xylophone playing is cute! Bill Wyman is the definition of the stoic bassist, and it's cute! Each one of their haircuts is cute! I would do terrible things to all of them, in fact (what can i say, i have a thing for big/lots of hair). It makes total sense that they got unbelievable amounts of ass.

On that note, what I think is really funny about this video is the girls. They're going crazy, but not really. They're like reserved crazy. Like, they're fighting to get past guys holding them back, but not really. There's one girl who's sort of crying. It seems more like the the show wanted to make it look like there was some sort of hysteria, but the girls weren't really doing it. Girls are way more crazy these days.

I love this song. It's funny how you can tell that the song fade's out on the album and they haven't quite figured out how to end it live. Awkward. Also, Keith gets very little love from the camera. Poor Keith.

But the most important question is WHERE CAN I GET MICK'S JACKET??? I think I would wear it every day.

No comments: