Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Synthtastic!

Thank God for the synthesizer, am i right?

Here are some tunes I'm pretty into right now. Get ready to dance!

1. Spaceman - The Killers
Of course I'm gonna start things off with the best song ever written bout alien abduction. duh.

2. Spiralling (Radio Edit) - Keane
Great tune. And I'm so glad to hear them explore other sounds, because it's easy to just try and replicate your own success and write the same song over and over (*cough* Coldplay). The spoken-ish bridge is weird though. And the "radio edit" is better, trust me.

3. I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You - Black Kids
LOVE the bassline in this song. so hot.

4. Say Goodbye - Samuel
Catchy song. When I saw him perform, people were outside later singing and humming this song. i even caught myself doing it! and i swear i'm not biased just because i know him and the song's producer. Hahah, though the "You're making it hard for me" line makes me think of the 90's hit "Too Close," which then makes me laugh. (circa 1:10. also, WHAT IS THAT VIDEO?!? i'm not even gonna start)

5. Sleeping In - The Postal Service
Cause every playlist needs its slow jam.

6. Again & Again - Keane
Sorry to break the mix tape rules, but what can i say? Perfect Symmetry is a pretty synthtastic album.

7. Take on Me - RAC feat Karl Kling
It'll never get old. The granddaddy of synth tunes. obvs!

8. Time to Pretend - MGMT
Now THAT'S a synth riff.

9. Take a Bow - Muse
Cause every playlist needs its post-apocalyptic jam.


imeem GO!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every synth playlist could use some M83. Also, "Sleeping In" has the worst lyrics of any song ever, but it is rather catchy.