Monday, March 2, 2009

Current Obsession: Spaceman

Remember when the Killers were good? Remember Hot Fuss? Don't you miss that?

Incidentally, the new song I can't stop listening to is "Spaceman" by the Killers off their new(ish) album Day & Age. I've seriously been listening to it on repeat. It's much better than lead single "Human" (which is pretty good itself). Actually, it is a pretty strong album. Except "Joy Ride." "Joy Ride" is dumb. And so is the steel drum in "I Can't Stay." But I still like the song.


Anyway, have a listen!


I truly missed the ridiculousness that is Brandon Flowers. He lost the mustache, and like magic the Killers were back! I'm glad they returned to what they do best - dance beats and eighties synths. And lyrics worse than Interpol's. But I love it.




This song has also inspired a new playlist coming soon. Synthtastic!

2 comments:

Katie Rizz said...

I like that song!

and why do i always have to type words into a box just to write on your damn blog? psh.

Julia York said...

Man, am I the only one who likes Sam's Town? Read My Mind is an excellent song, and I don't have to tell you how fantastic When You Were Young is.

But I do agree that Spaceman is super fun.