Sunday, March 22, 2009

My 13-year-old self Is FREAKING OUT

When I was 13, I was a little obsessive. My love was boundless, and extremely focused. My favorite band ("band") was Nsync. My favorite movie was That Thing You Do! (still in my top 2). So tell me, what's better than taking two obsessions and combining them?




If I had known that this existed, I probably would have had some sort of sensory-overload, mind-blowing break down. It would have been too much to handle. I mean, they're wearing red suits! Too much.

The whole playing instruments thing would have been enough back then. Present day me is actually a little impressed by that (in a this-is-more-than-I-thought-you-were-capable-of way not a i-could-never-replicate-your-awesome-skills way). Though Chris' strumming is a little suspect. It doesn't seem in time, but the solo looked like he was actually playing, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Also, this video is proof that you always have the idiot play the drums. And you put the hot one on the bass.



This post is dedicated to my ever-quoting friend Katie. (and thanks to Ryan for finding this!)

4 comments:

Alisha said...

Those PANTS. Wow. The 90s.

And yeah, I totally would have freaked over that too.

Katie Rizz said...

that made my... month.

JC is hot!
i bet JT can't play the bass because, um, they never zoom in him.

if we were NSYNC. you would be JT "the bass player" and I would be Chris "the ugly one"

Madelyn said...

better than being joey "the idiot"

val said...

hahahah i love jc chasez's dance moves in the beginning. so ridiculous! love this song!! i think i watched this movie like 20 billion times with you in your basement when we were kids. aw good times.