Monday, March 16, 2009

Sugar Lumps

I must admit, i haven't been keeping up with Flight of the Conchords this season. The second season started earlier this year, but I've only seen the first episode, which just showed up in my iTunes as part of their podcast (and the episode itself was unremarkable, though i did quite enjoy Murray's "Rejected"). I mean, it's one of my favorite shows, but i don't have HBO and my old laptop was so bad at streaming video, it wasn't worth dowloading them. I figured I'd catch up at some point.

But speaking of their podcast, the video for "Sugar Lumps" from season 2's episode 2 appeared in my itunes the other day. Honestly, sometimes the boys can miss the mark, but this shit is funny. Really funny. Maybe it's the hilarious back-up dancers (including the skinny asian from the "Boom" episode!). Maybe it's Dave's hilarious first appearance in a song. Maybe it's the oh-so-subtle imagery. Maybe it's the different types of pants that Jemaine models. Maybe it's how they actually think girls like looking at men's junk. Doesn't matter, it's all comedy gold.

Check it out:




Their songs got weaker as the first season went on, BUT THIS is a true gem. I can't wait to check out the rest of season 2.



Also, some personal advice: Never leave precious things like, i don't know, your DVD's of Flight of the Conchords season 1, at the apartment of someone you're dating unless you never want to see them again. Still kicking myself for that one.

No comments: