Thursday, March 26, 2009

Goodbye, Blender.

The closest I've ever been to being featured in a magazine was when Blender came to [insert name of very famous tv show here] Camp, where I was a counselor. I helped the very cute photographers take pictures of the kids (I was their hype-man). And they almost took a picture of me with a camper, but they missed the moment, and I made a jokey quip about how I was just dying to be featured in the Blender magazine. They told me they were freelancers, and then we all laughed. So that's how I almost got into the issue of Blender with Kanye on the cover. It's sitting on my bookshelf right now.

Sorry about the lame story. But I am kind of sad that a major music magazine has died, even one that's sometimes the butt of jokes.


Colin Meloy's thoughts via his twitter: Goodbye, Blender mag. Thanks for our first-ever national review, in which you called me "donkey-voiced."

oh Blender, you may be missed.

No comments: