Thursday, April 2, 2009

Remix time!

A brand new remix of "Take on Me," who would have guessed?

This one's by the Brazilian producing duo The Twelves. Their other remixes are of modern acts like MIA, Black Kids, The Virgins, etc. According to electronic rumors, a few artists have recently remixed ToM for a Norwegian Chrysler promotion. What a great idea! This is the first one I've come across, and it's making its way round the interwebs right now.

When I first listened to it I didn't think it was anything spectacular. Honestly though, the more I hear it, the more I like it. It's fun and fresh. It retains the original's spirit while putting a totally modern spin on it.

Totally worth a listen, and inclusion on your next party playlist. Enjoy!




The Twelves also have a great remix of Black Kids' "I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You" over on their myspace.

No comments: