Sunday, April 26, 2009

new most played song

I don't need to re-recount my itunes reset. But that does naturally mean that I have a new Most Played list. What is my new #1 after about 6 weeks, you might wonder? Ok. You don't care. But I'm going to tell you anyway!




So, this little ditty was featured on the Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist soundtrack. I never saw the film, which is probably why I missed this song when it first came out. I found it recently, and immediately couldn't stop listening to it.

It's every wonderful thing you might expect from VW. Catchy, summery, self-referential. With great strings. I think it's my favorite Vampire Weekend song. (and i kind of like them a lot).

Also, have you heard they're recording a new album? like, right now. They're making a concerted effort to make somethign new and different. They seem to be aware that if they release another album with the same sound there will be ALL SORTS of new backlash. Those Ivy League degrees weren't for nothin'.

No comments: