Monday, April 27, 2009

Liveblogging Decemberists on Colbert

11:50 Colbert calls the Hazards of Love a list of STD's set to music. this will be fun

11:51 Starts with the personal questions I see, might as well just ask if they're getting any... Just Colin and Chris, interesting....

11:52 Very little love for Portland. Ha! Guitarmageddon. Remember that? What a great title.

11:53 Colin's bangs are so much cuter than mine. sigh. Sideburns joke! But no mention of Funk's near-handlebar.

11:56 Who's that dude?

11:57 OH! they're all there, but only Colin and Chris get to talk. I see how it is.

11:58 I don't know which song this is. I'm embarrassed of myself. I was hoping for "The Rake's Song." .... But this is nice.

11:59 I love Nate's blue Fender Jazz Bass.

12:00 Shara Worden, you look so different from the last time I saw you. Where's the hippie hair and peasant dress? but damn, she is wailing.

12:01 ...And Becky Stark gets to shake a tambourine. ... I swear Stephen built that stage to have more musical guests. I love it.


Hm, best song choice? Not sure. But that interview was adorably awkward.

I'll post the video when I have it!


UPDATE: vids vids vids.

The Interview.
The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
The Decemberists
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorGay Marriage Commercial


The Song. "The Wanting Comes in Waves."
The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
The Decemberists - The Wanting Comes in Waves
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorGay Marriage Commercial



BONUS! Colin's Twitter about the event:

colinmeloy
Would've tweeted more from the show but there was a cell lock-down in the studio. Think Stephen was afraid I'd mobilize my twitter legion.

No comments: