Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hutchtastic!

I'm really digging this new Thermals song. "Now We Can See" is less manic and in-your-face than typical Thermals fare, but still totally rocks. It's the-Thermals-do-mellow. Love the "oh-way-ohs." Very catchy.

"Now We Can See" is streaming on their myspace. Their album of the same name comes out in April on Kill Rock Stars.


And just for fun, here's one of my favorite music videos EVER, "A Pillar of Salt." Look out for Colin Meloy!



Kathy Foster totally makes the list of hottest chick bassists. She's so cool it hurts.


[side note: I saw the Thermals when they played at NYU about two years ago (with the Hold Steady whom I have seen once, and skipped twice). A picture of Hutch from that show still shows up on my roommate's phone whenever I call. Isn't that cute?]

No comments: