Monday, July 27, 2009

Damn you, Monk!

USA Network has done it again. Their incessant advertising for the last season of Monk hasn't made me any more interested in the show, but it has interested me in the Keane song they've used in the ads. "Time to Go" is a B-side on "The Lovers Are Losing" single, and on the Deluxe edition of Spiralling only on iTunes. And for the life of me, I can't find an mp3 to download anywhere on the interwebs.

Enter youtube:




Unlike most of their new album, this one is simple and deconstructed. Piano, acoustic guitar, and Tom Chaplin's pure vocals. And I think it's that simplicity that makes it so lovely and memorable. Like a less-rocking, but less sentimental, "Closing Time," that'll get stuck in your head just as easily.

Now if only Monk would stop using it, so I could enjoy it in peace.

No comments: