Thursday, August 6, 2009

I clearly watch too much TV...

... cause that's where I've been getting all my new music recently.

You've doubtless seen this fabulous Bacardi mojito ad:



He's walking through every era's parties! How cool! But what caught my attention even more was the rocking piano jam that every era is dancing too.

Turns out it's Matt and Kim's "Daylight," and it's my new favorite song. It's the only song of theirs I know so far, but it has encouraged me to want to explore their work. And let me tell you, I could listen to this song over and over. It's like happiness with a great beat and killer riff. Pop perfection.

Here's the video for the tune in its entirety. It's very "this is our lives as a cute couple! we play music i weird places! we smile a lot!", which is a bit obnoxious, but the song itself saves it from being too sugar-sweet.




side note: I was at Insound's warehouse sale last thursday and after picking a sweet copy of The Clash Live at Shea Stadium on vinyl, i checked out the free-with-purchase bin. Not only did I find a poster of a robot walking through the country shooting laser beams out of its eyes, but there was a 7" single of this very song! sweet!

No comments: