Thursday, January 22, 2009

"I've got a mountain in my pants, and that is not a metaphor"

If I were planning to have children, I would want Stephen Colbert to father them.

As we all know, Stephen has a history of clashes with the music world. First "Rock and Awe: Countdown to Guitarmageddon," the guitar solo battle against Chris Funk of the Decemberists, then the star-studded musical EXTRAVAGANZA that was his Christmas special, followed by an attempt at a feud with Kanye West. And now this.




Holy crap. I don't know what I liked better, the glowing face paint or the way he did a face-wipe to get himself to stop laughing afterward.

As far as the challenge itself, it goes way beyond his green screen challenge. Green screens are so played. As Pitchfork so elegantly explains it: " A fan remix of a talk show chat about remixing. Meta-tastsic."
Granted, most of what comes out of this will be shit. But hey, some of it's bound to be fun, right? It was already worth it for that video of his own remix. Or is it a mash-up? oh, semantics.

No comments: